*Not recruiting new members
LEVEL: P3 to P6
TIME: 2.00 pm – 5.00 pm (Training duration)
VENUE: External Venue
TEACHERS I/C: *Mr Farhan & Mdm Vanitha
Sailing is great fun and rewarding to learn, no matter what your age or experience is. It specifically refers to the sport of using wind to power sails and propel the boat forward. Learning to sail takes a couple of days of tuition - but generally it’s a sport you will be able to pick up quickly in the right conditions. Gentle winds make for perfect weather for beginners.
What is sailing?
- using the wind to move your boat across the water
- riding the waves
- a continuous challenge
- about making decisions
- understanding currents, wind, oceanography, and the marine environment
- a dynamic domain that requires all-rounded fitness.
Selected pupils will be able to participate in the Inter-School Sailing Championships and other selected competitions.
By the end of the course, students will be able to sail independently, carry out basic capsize drills and tie simple knots.
- You must be able to swim 50 metres with the aid of a life buoyancy.
- You must be physically fit. If you fancy the sun, sea, and wind, what are you waiting for? Come join us today!