OUR SCHOOL RULES AND DISCIPLINE POLICY
1. BE PUNCTUAL FOR ALL SCHOOL PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Pupils must be present at the assembly area by 7.30 a.m. sharp every morning. On rainy days, pupils are considered late if they arrive after 7.40 a.m.
- Pupils must attend all formal lessons, CCAs and all scheduled school activities or events. If absent, the parent/guardian must inform the school as soon as possible and a medical certificate or letter of explanation from her parent/guardian must be submitted to the school upon her return.
- After arrival in school, no pupil should leave the school premises without the permission from the School Principal, Vice-Principal or HODs. Pupils who need to leave the school during official school hours must be picked up at the General Office by a parent / guardian. The Early Dismissal Form must be duly completed before the pupil may leave the school premises.
2. BE HONEST, RESPECTFUL AND WELL-BEHAVED AT ALL TIMES
- Pupils who are Singapore citizens must stand at attention, sing the National Anthem and take the National Pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Pupils will observe silence and move in an orderly manner to and from their classroom.
- Pupils will only leave the classroom when permission is given by the teacher.
- Pupils can only use their handphones strictly for communication with parents or guardians on urgent matters at the school gates or the area outside the General Office before and after school hours or if permission is sought and granted.
- Pupils must switch off their handphones during official school hours, including after-school activity time.
- Pupils will bear full responsibility if the handphone is stolen, lost or misplaced.
- Pupils must use social media responsibly. They must respect other users and adhere to rules and regulations.
3. BE PROPERLY ATTIRED AND BEHAVE IN A GRACIOUS MANNER
- Pupils must wear the prescribed school uniform. Modifications to the uniform are not allowed.
- Pupils must wear the school PE T-shirt and shorts for all PE lessons or games.
- Pupils must keep their nails short and clean. Use of nail polish or strengthener is not allowed.
- Pupils must be neat and tidy:
- Shoulder-length hair must be tied up neatly. Only simple hair accessories in black are allowed. Coloured or dyed hair is strictly prohibited.
- Only one pair of small and simple ear studs may be worn, one on each ear lobe. No ear-sticks or colourful earrings are allowed.
- Only one religious item i.e. necklace (concealed) or bangle is allowed to be worn. Other ornamental accessories such as friendship bands, bracelets and anklets are not permitted.
- A simple watch with a small face may be used. The strap should be plain-coloured. Colourful or fanciful watch straps are not allowed.
4. BE PROUD OF MY WORK
- Pupils must bring their books according to their time-table.
- Pupils must complete and submit assignments or projects on time.
5. KEEP THE SCHOOL CLEAN AND LITTER FREE
- Pupils may eat or drink only in the school canteen.
- Pupils must keep the school canteen and toilets clean.
- Pupils must dispose of all litter and rubbish in the bins provided.
- Pupils must place all used plates, bowls, cups and cutlery in the receptacles or bins provided in the school canteen.
6. SERIOUS OFFENCES
The school regards the following as serious offences:
- Use of foul language (verbal, written or pictorial)
- Vandalism/damaging of school property or property of others
- Bullying or extorting money from fellow pupils
- Physical violence or intimidation towards others
- Altering school/official documents e.g. report books; medical certificates
- Cheating during tests or examinations
- Truancy (Absence without valid reason)
- Unauthorised entry into restricted areas in the school
- Rudeness and open defiance
- Misbehaviour in school uniform, causing disturbance to others in public places, e.g. shopping centres; bus-stops; in school buses or public transport, etc.
- Smoking or in possession of cigarettes
- Leaving the school premises without permission during school hours
- Misuse of the computer or phone/mobile applications e.g. posting disrespectful comments, messages or pictures on the internet about pupils, teachers or the school
Other issues pertaining to school rules and discipline policy may be found in the pupils’ school journal.