- School Info
View Main Page >> Principal & Vice-Principals Heads of Department (HOD) Subject/Level Heads 2017 Form & Co-Form Teachers Subject Teachers Non-Teaching Staff
View Main Page >> Instructional Non-Instructional
View Main Page >> News Gallery
View Main Page >> 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011
- Parents' Portal
- Events Calendar
View Main Page >> Search Announcements News & Events Parent's Portal Update Test Page Home Banner Forms
View Main Page >> Catholic Staff Retreat 2016 Beginning of Year Mass 2016
- School Info
- School Staff
Principal & Vice-Principals Year Heads (YH) / Heads of Department (HOD) Subject / Level Heads 2020 Form Teachers Non-Teaching Staff
- Parents' Portal
- Events Calendar
P3 SS LJ - Heritage Walk along Katong 2018
Our Primary 3 girls took a relaxing walk along Katong area on 10th,11th and 12th July with their teachers and parent volunteers. The re-developed Katong, which was once filled with coconut plantations, is now a charming corner of eastern Singapore. As they walked along this vibrant neighbourhood, the girls admired the many well-preserved Peranakan homes, shophouses, colonial bungalows and eateries.
Blessed with fine weather, the girls were in complete awe as they saw for themselves the unique pre-war architecture – colourful two-storey shophouses and terrace houses with ornate facades, intricate motifs and ceramic tiles.
The 6 highlights of the walk were:
1. The Karikal Mahal (former Grand Hotel), once a large mansion built by Moona Kadir Sultan for his numerous wives.
2. 25 Chapel Road, a house raised on piers, tells of a time and place forgotten - a time when the song of the sea could be heard from the nearby shore.
3. Katong Antique House, a museum of Peranakan artefacts, housing family heirlooms and antiques.
4. Single-storey conserved terrace houses built on raised grounds (to protect against the rising tides) which stood beside a former sea wall where the beach used to be.
5. Chin Mee Chin Confectionary, one of the last remaining Hainanese coffeeshops, still resembling its original 1950s shop design. Best known for their kaya, coffee and sugar rolls.
6. The Church of the Holy Family, founded in early 1902 by four Eurasian families where the first Christmas mass took place in 1936.
The trip was an experience our girls thoroughly enjoyed as they navigated back in time, something we often take for granted in our hectic daily lives.
I learnt that there are many historical buildings around our school neighbourhood that I did not know of before the learning journey. The décor of the houses and the Peranakan tiles on them are beautiful. I never knew our Katong neighbourhood would be so full of history and colour. The best checkpoint was the preserved houses at East Coast Road. They were so colourful!
Mari Angela & Kayla Wong CE3
- IJKCP Girl Shines
- P5 Maths Trail @ Sentosa 2017
- P6 Graduation Party 2017
- Beginning of Year Mass 2018
- SYF Choir Presentation 2018
- Prefects' Investiture & Installation of Monitors 2018
- P2 Arts Learning Journey 2018
- Brownies Learning Journey 2018
- P6 IJ Recollection Day 2018
- 88th Anniversary Carnival
- P3 SS LJ - Heritage Walk along Katong 2018
- P5 NE Show 2018
- Lower Primary Games Day 2018
- Blue Ribbon Awards 2018
- P6 Arts Learning Journey to the Esplanade 2018
- P1 First three days of school
- Beginning of Year Mass 2019
- P3 Learning Journey to the Zoo 2019
- CHIJ 165th Anniversary banner
- P6 Science Centre LJ 2019
- CNY Celebrations 2019
- Food Waste Reduction Roadshow 2019
- P4 Gardens by the Bay LJ 2019
- First Family Mass 2019
- P1 Singapore Art Museum LJ 2019
- Safer Internet Day 2019
- Prefects' Investiture & Installation of Monitors 2019
- P6 Overseas LJ to Malacca 2019
- CHIJ 165th Anniversary Forum 2019
- Better Internet Conference 2019
- P5 Nature Trail to East Coast Park 2019
- International Friendship Day 2019
- Cyber Wellness LJ to Google Online Safety Park 2019
- P1 Gardens by the Bay LJ 2019
- CHIJ 165th Anniversary Eucharistic Celebrations 2019
- Official opening of the CHIJ-Katong Heritage Centre 2019
- P4 National Gallery Singapore LJ
- P5 National Education Show 2019
- English Language and Arts Week 2019
- Racial Harmony Day 2019
- East Division Girl Guides and Brownies Day 2019
- P4 The Bicentennial Experience
- P3 Social Studies Neighbourhood Walk 2019
- Cybersmart Day @ IJ
- IJ Ambassadors Visit 2019
- National Day Celebrations 2019
- Address by Ms Vivienne Lim, Chairperson, IJ Board of Management at CHIJ 165th Anniversary Founder’s Day Thanksgiving Eucharistic Celebration 2019
- Message by Ms Vivienne Lim, Chairperson, IJ Board of Management for CHIJ School’s Year Book 2019
- P6 IJ Day of Recollection 2019
- P6 Career Awareness Day 2019
- National Brownies Revel 2019
- Safer Internet Day 2020
- Showing Appreciation to our Masked Heroes
- CHIJ (Katong) Primary gives Frontline Officers in School a Round of Applause
- Remembering Sr Deirdre O'Loan 2020